Improved speeds, reception and service with shared network
DNA and Telia are using the Finnish Shared Network mobile network to provide services to their customers. The shared network offers a number of benefits:
- Improved coverage for mobile broadband and calls
- Improved mobile broadband throughput speeds and connection quality
- More extensive, higher quality and faster services for rural and remote areas
We are delivering a better service to our customers by
- Providing latest generation LTE Advanced radio network that also supports older terminals (GSM, 3G, 4G)
- Increasing the number of base stations (rooftop and tower sites are combined in the shared network area for Telia and DNA customers)
- Doubling connection speeds in rural and remote areas (utilising combined DNA and Telia spectrum capacity)
In addition, our collaboration allows us to upgrade our mobile network at a faster rate, meaning that we can deliver DNA and Telia services across Finland more quickly and cost-effectively. This also has an impact on end user costs. All in all, the improved network quality and capacity delivers a smoother and more efficient service and a better customer experience.
The network collaboration notwithstanding, DNA and Telia continue to engage competitively in the relevant market areas with their own products and pricing structures. It is also worth noting that the majority of the Finnish population, some 85%, still remain within the companies’ own respective mobile networks.